UPDATE: Folsom wrong way DUI driver injuries family | Crime
FOLSOM, CA - According to Folsom police, a car collision Friday night that sent four people to the hospital was caused by a drunk driver traveling in the wrong direction.
The incident occurred at the intersection of Iron Point Rd and Black Diamond Dr. when a Nissan Sentra and a Toyota Camry collided head-on.
The driver of the Sentra was traveling eastbound in the westbound lane of Iron Point Rd., causing the accident.
El Dorado Hills resident Karen Ann Benedict, 32, was arrested for driving under the influence resulting in serious injuries.She was later released, so she could manage her injuries caused in the collision.
The three family members traveling in the Camry were treated at local hospitals for serious injuries. At the time of this post, their identities were being held.
The investigation results will be forwarded to the DA's office with criminal charge recommendations.
Upcoming Events near Folsom / Orangevale
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sheri Del Torchio Joins Community 1st Bank as Assistant Vice President/Credit Analyst
- Is it too much turkey or is it GERD?
- Christmas at Denio's Every Weekend in December
- Calistoga Invites You to Celebrate the Jubilee of the Holiday Season
- RRUFF 3rd Annual Reindeer Pooch Parade & Rocklin Tree Lighting Sat Dec 7, 3:00 p.m.