UPDATE: Orangevale shooting suspect identified | Crime
ORANGEVALE, CA - A man suspected of shooting at Sacramento County sheriff's deputies was found dead inside an Orangevale home.
According to deputy Jason Ramos, 33-year-old Dennis Dean of Orangevale barricaded himself inside a home on the 9100 block of Kendrick Way after exchanging gunfire with deputies Thursday evening.
Deputies were serving a narcotics warrant at Dean's home around 4:30 p.m. Dean ran from the scene and deputies chased him and brought him back to the home, Ramos said.
At that time, deputies removed a woman from the home.
Around 5:35 p.m., with five deputies inside the home, Dean got hold of a gun, which did not belong to a deputy, said Ramos.
Ramos said Dean then fired several shots, one of which grazed a deputy's hand. Deputies returned fire, hitting Dean as they retreated from the home.
Around 7:30 p.m., a robot was sent inside of the home through an open door, where they found Dean unresponsive.
Ramos said the incident is now a homicide investigation.
Upcoming Events near Folsom / Orangevale
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sheri Del Torchio Joins Community 1st Bank as Assistant Vice President/Credit Analyst
- Is it too much turkey or is it GERD?
- Christmas at Denio's Every Weekend in December
- Calistoga Invites You to Celebrate the Jubilee of the Holiday Season
- RRUFF 3rd Annual Reindeer Pooch Parade & Rocklin Tree Lighting Sat Dec 7, 3:00 p.m.