Going to Kindergarten: It’s not always as simple as being “ready” | Families
Delay Kindergarten at Your Child’s Peril.
Those words glared at me from my inbox, daring me to read with great interest. Which of course, I did.
My husband sent me this article to read…FYI...he says.
Uh-huh, I skeptically think to myself...I will.
Just days earlier I had hinted to my husband that perhaps it wasn’t as simple as sending our youngest to kindergarten next fall simply because she would be “eligible”.
He look confused and wondered why I was even considering not sending her. Moreover, he could not understand why I was thinking about all this right now when she just started her second year in preschool.
Here’s the thing. This business of “redshirting” our soon to be kindergartners is all over the place. I never thought I would have to grapple with the decision myself. Yet, here it is and I do.
...Click here to continue reading this post.
Top Folsom / Orangevale Stories
Upcoming Events near Folsom / Orangevale
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Join Safe Kids Celebration May 18
- Thrifting: Off to Denios We go
- Sierra College Foster Youth to Benefit from event: Glitz, Glamour, and Girlfriends
- Matt Redding Memorial Golf Tournament set for June 17 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club
- Steve Budiono Joins Community 1st Bank as Senior Vice President/Senior Relationship Manager