Photo Gallery | Summer Shape-Up #5: Bent over upward rows for a sexy back
By Glenda Fowler
The back is one of your biggest muscle groups to work. A strong back is also important for core strength and posture.
What are you waiting for? Bring that sexy back..
Bent Over Upward Rows:
1) Bending at the knee, pick up a barbell using a reverse grip with hands approximately shoulder-width apart.
2) Keep your knees bent and bend over to a 45 degree angle.
3) Arch your back and bring the bar to your chest while keeping parallel to the floor.
4) As the bar reaches your chest, squeeze your shoulder blades together.
5) Lower the bar towards the floor slowly
Do 4 sets of 15 reps.
More about Glenda Fowler:
Glenda Fowler is a NASM Certified trainer at PowerHouse Gym Placerville, Ca. She is a NPC bodybuliding competitor and a mother of 4. She specializes in working with clients looking for fitness for weight loss, competition training, nutrition and those looking for an all over healthy lifestyle.